Tuesday 10 April 2012

Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24Hr SPF15 Foundation review

Hey everyone,



Recently I have seen on several blogs reviews on the new Lancome foundation, Teint Idole Ultra 24hr SPF15 foundation. On one persons blog they even said that this foundation had replaced the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation they have been using. This is when I sat up and started to pay attention. I thought to myself  could this be a possible rival to my beloved Double Wear foundation? Thinking that I went along to my local Lancome make-up counter to pick up a sample.


The very nice SA lady tested 3 shades on me 01, 02, 03. The 03 shade was a tad too dark for me. I was inbetween the 01 and 02 shade. Unfortunately, as there was no samples for the 01 shade I could only take away the 02 shade. But she did say to go back in afew days and hopefully they will be able to give me a sample of the 01 shade.


I usually wait until the weekends before I try out any new make-up or skincare products as I am usually in a rush on weekdays mornings getting ready for work. So I couldn't wait until the weekend to try out this out.


The 02 shade is more of a peachy tone then the usual yellow tones I go for. I'm usually an NW20 in MAC or Fresco in Estee Lauder and I think this shade is alot lighter than I usually use so I was abit unsure at first. When I first put this on my skin and started to blend I was abit nervous. Initially it started to look abit chalky which reminded me of the Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation I tried afew months back which I was wasn't a big fan of. I finished off apply the foundation then started to puff it in. Well I was impressed. The more I puffed the more the chalkiness disappeared. I was left with amazing looking skin. What I loved most is that is provides full coverage so it can cover my blemishes really well. I finished off applying the rest of my make-up then went out for the day.


I checked my make-up half way through the day and I was happy with was I saw. There was no shininess and I still had a full face of coverage. Only had to apply abit more concealer to some of the blemishes I had but apart from that I was happy.


I can see why people love this foundation when they have tested it. I think its amazing. I still think that the Double Wear still has an edge over this as I think it provides that bit more coverage but I can honestly say that if I am never able to get hold of the Double Wear then this will be my next choice.


Have any of you guys tried the Lancome foundation. What have your thought? Will it replace your usual foundation? Let me know :) xx















No comments:

Post a Comment