Saturday 3 March 2012

February Favourites - Part One

Skin Care
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish - I feel I have been a late comer to the fab cleanse and polish. I bought a sample version from the Liz Earle website to see what the fuss was about and all I can say is WOW. After the first couple of days of using this my skin appeared glowing, pores appeared smaller, it completely dissolved all my make-up and the overall condition of my skin improved. I still suffer with afew blemishes but I think that since I've been using this I have not gotten as many. Im impressed that much that even my boyfriend has bought the male version of the C&P. Believe me that says something as he never usually bothers with skin care!! I will definitely be repurchasing again. 

Avene Cleannace Toner - After reading such good reviews about this range I decided to try it out for myself. As the Liz Earle C&P and Moisturiser seemed to be doing a good job I thought I would try the Toner from the range. It refreshed my skin and dealt with my oily skin well. I also found that as it's designed for blemished skin it improved the existing blemishes I had and stopped any more from appearing. I've tried other toners in the past that have been designed for blemished skin but alot of them have left my skin dry and sometimes my skin felt like it was burning after using them!! But this one didn't. Its now a firm favourite of mine.
Liz Earle Skin Repair Light Moisturiser - Again I bought a sample version of this on the website to try first. I suffer with oily/combination skin and thought this would be perfect for my skin as its designed for oily/combination skin. The fragrance of it is amazing and when I applied it to my face it melted into my skin. It has kept the oil at bay and has improved the dry areas of skin that I had around my nose. I have since repurchased this but the full size version. Would definitely recommend for oily skin/combination suffers. 
Special mentions 
Two special mentions to the Nivea Cream and Oilatum Natural Repair face cream. Sometimes after i have applied my spot treatments to my blemishes it leaves my skin really dry. These two creams have been life savers in dealing with the dryness. I apply a tiny amount of either cream to the blemished/dry area, leave it to soak into my skin and after the dryness has disappeared. If your looking for face creams to deal with dryness then I would 100% recommend either of these two. 


Skin Care Treatments
Sudocrem - This has been a lifesaver when I have been dealing with my spots. I apply a thin layer of the white cream to the blemished area and leave it over night. By the morning the spot has dried up and appears smaller. I've used all types of spot treatment but always come back to this. A must have.
Simple Rapid Action Spot Treatment - I first used this awhile ago and it seemed to make my spots disappear. After my skin started to play up again I thought I would give this another go. At first it made my spots disappear but then I think my skin must get used to it as it seems to have stopped working. I might have to look into another spot treatment for this month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment